ADEA CAAPID: Applicants

ADEA CAAPID is the centralized application service for international applicants who have previously completed a dental education program outside the United States or Canada who wish to practice dentistry in the United States.

CAAPID Apply Now image

The 2018-2019 application cycle will open on March 1, 2018.
Application instructions and registration for an applicant webinar will be updated in late January.  

ADEA CAAPID® Customer Service

Customer Service Representatives are available Monday through Friday, 9:00 a.m. to 5:00 p.m. Eastern Time, except federal holidays

Phone: 617-612-2035     


Interested in learning all about the ADEA CAAPID application process?

  • View a recording of the "Introduction to the 2018 ADEA CAAPID Application" webinar.
  • You may also download a PDF of the "Introduction to the 2018 ADEA CAAPID Application" presentation for potential applicants. The presentation covers topics including who should apply through ADEA CAAPID, what information is needed to complete the application process, when the application becomes available, where to access the application online, and why the application is easy to use. 


Additional resources to help you learn more about the ADEA CAAPID application process can be found below:
  • Review the  ADEA CAAPID Application Instructions.
  • All participating programs have a profile on the  ADEA CAAPID Directory. Browse by state. The profiles include contact information, program requirements, and a description of the program.
  • To find out more about becoming licensed in the U.S. and Canada, visit ADEA GoDental.
  • DENTPIN®: A personal identification number used in place of the social security number. Every applicant must retrieve a DENTPIN to initiate an ADEA CAAPID application. Click here to retrieve an existing DENTPIN.   

Are you an international applicant?

Determine which application service is right for you by answering a few simple questions:

  1. Have you completed a dental degree program outside the United States or Canada?
    • No – Apply for a traditional D.D.S. or D.M.D. program via ADEA AADSAS.
    • Yes – Go to the next question.
  2. Do you wish to practice dentistry in the United States after completion of your education in this country?
    • No – Apply for a dental residency in a specialty area via ADEA PASS.
    • Yes – Apply for an advanced standing program via ADEA CAAPID.